Here are some of the books that I've found helpful, and at times, have recommended to my clients. I update this list from time to time, so check back again to see what's new on this page.
- Hold Me Tight: Your Guide to the Most Successful Approach to Building Loving Relationships by Dr Sue Johnson
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find and Keep Love by Dr. Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
- Parenting from the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive
by Daniel Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- Babies And Their Mothers by D. W. Winnicott
- An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison, PhD
- The Noonday Demon by Andrew Solomon
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David Burns, M.D.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- The Teenage Brain by Frances E. Jensen, MD
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Dr Kristin Neff
- The Dance of Connection by Harriet Lerner, PhD
- Love's executioner, and other tales of psychotherapy by Irvin D. Yalom
- Staring at the Sun: Overcoming the Terror of Death by Irving D. Yalom
- Graditude by Oliver Sacks, MD
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi, M.D.
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion